How Can You Act More Like Abraham?
While Abraham was recovering from his circumcision and he was still in pain, he was still a good host to the three men/angels that came to visit him. Abraham asked if he could bring them “a bit of bread”, but in reality he and Sarah made sure that they had a lot to eat. This is much more than something we would expect from someone who is in pain. How can we act more like Abraham?
- How they treat friends when they come over to visit.
- How they act when you have friends over.
- How they behave when family comes over.
- How they treat people who come over that they don’t know/don’t really like/were not invited.
- How to be a good host/ess.
- Why would Abraham ask if he could bring “some water and a bit of bread” and then bring a lot of food?
- Abraham hurried so that his guests would not have to wait, even though he was in pain. What does this tell us about him?
- What can we learn from Abraham and the way that he lived just from these 6 lines?
- Think of ways that you can be good to guests.
- Think of ways that you can be nice to strangers.
- What are things that you can do in your life to be helpful to other people.
- Write a dialogue between Abraham and the three men.
- Write a dialogue between Abraham and Sarah.
- Invite guests over and prepare a meal for them.
- Do something that helps someone in your community.
- Make a puppet show of the three men coming to visit Abraham.
- Make a slogan for being good to your guests.
- Make a list of ways that you can be more like Abraham.