The priesthood was a job given to Aaron, and his sons, and his descendants for ever.
- Do you like it when people ask you what you want to be when you grow up?
- How would you feel if you knew what job you would have because you were born into a specific family?
- Would you like not having to think about what you were going to do when you grow up?
- Do you think that you would resent not being able to pick your profession?
- It was common for people to learn a profession and stick with it for life. Today that is uncommon. Write a list of advantages and disadvantages for staying with a profession for life and for frequent changes in profession.
- Do you think that a descendant of Aaron would do a better job than someone else because his family had always done the same job?
- Do you think that it is more important to like a job, be good at a job, or make a good living from a job. Explain your answer.
Activities for Homeschooling and Afterschooling:
- Pick a job that you might want to do when you get older. Outline all the steps that you will need to accomplish in order to get that particular job.
- Is there a difference between a job and a profession? If so what is the difference.
- Do you think that you are more qualified for a job if you train for it as an apprentice or if you study for it in University? Explain your answer.
- Write a journal entry explaining how you feel when you get to the age of going into the priesthood like your brothers, father, grandfather, etc.
- Write a journal entry from someone who really would like to be a priest but can’t because he is not of the lineage of Aaron.
- Do you think that you would worry more or less about doing a good job as priest because your whole family is part of the priesthood? Explain.
- Write a song or a poem explaining how you feel about your life being mapped out for you.