God told Moses exactly what spices and in what amount He wanted to inaugurate the tent of meeting and the ark of the testimony.
- Does God really like things such as spices?
- What does it mean to inaugurate something?
- God asked specific spices to be mixed together. He specified that they were to be the best of these species. Picking the best spices might be easy, but can we always do our best?
- What difference could the exact mixture of the spices make to God?
- God told Moses to take the choice of the spices. Make a list of when people take the best of something.
Activities for Homeschooling and Afterschooling:
- Find out what types of things are inaugurated and why.
- Research spices.
- Do you believe that God likes earthly pleasures such as the smell of spices? Explain.
- Research how we smell.
- Most people do not do their best all the time. Explain what makes you do your best?
- God tells Moses to take the choice of the spices. Do you think that there was a chance that Moses would not have taken the best of the spices for inaugurating the tent of meeting and the ark of testimony?
- Do you think that Moses ever got tired of God telling him what to do? Explain.