Before Aaron and his sons were brought into the tent of meeting they were to be immersed in water.
- Aaron and his sons were to be immersed in water before they did their work. Think of other instances where there is something done before someone starts doing something. (eg stretching before doing exercise)
- Do you think that getting ready to do something in the above ways is important? Why?
- Why would Aaron and his sons need to be brought to the the tent of meeting? Why would they not be allowed to come themselves?
- What was the purpose of the water?
Activities for Homeschooling and Afterschooling:
- Research water. Find out:
- how much of the world is water
- how much of the human body is water
- how much of animals is water
- why some water is salty
- what exactly water is
- Aaron and his sons were to be immersed in water. Find out how various religions use immersion in water.
- Find at least five times that water is mentioned in the Bible.
- Aaron and his sons were to be brought to the tent of meeting. Write about other official entries (monarchs, prime ministers, presidents, etc.) where someone is brought to a specific place for a specific purpose.
- If so much of the world is made up of water why is it a scarce resource?
- Take a map of the world and see if you could sail around the whole globe returning to your starting point. Try to map out a route. If you can’t get through on a route where are you blocked?
- Why do you think water was used to immerse Aaron and his sons?