It must have been awesome to hear all of the children of Israel answer together that they would follow all that God had spoken.
- What does the word awesome mean?
- What does it mean that all the people responded with “one voice”?
- What do you think it would be like to hear a lot of people answer together the same response?
- What makes it so special that all the children of Israel answered together?
- If someone does something that you asked them to do, does it really matter if they did it by choice or if they were forced in some way to do it?
- There were hundred’s of thousands of children of Israel. Would it really have mattered if a few did not reply the same way? Explain.
- What is the difference between responding with “one voice” and responding “together”?
Activities for Homeschooling and Afterschooling:
- Come up with a statement that you think would be easy to get ten people to agree with. Now try to get ten people to agree with your statement. Was it as easy as you thought? Why or why not?
- Come up with a statement that you think will be hard to get ten people to agree with. Now try to get ten people to agree with your statement. Was it as difficult as you thought? Why or why not?
- Try to get someone to agree to do something without telling them what you are going to ask of them. Was this hard to do? Why?
- The children of Israel agreed to follow God’s words. Do you think that they would have followed the words if they came from Moses?
- At this time the children of Israel were really united. Make up a campaign to unite your neighborhood, school, class, family, or some other unit to do something worthwhile. Describe how you are going to get your group to do your project.
- Get together a group of about ten people and have them say a poem altogether. Is it hard for everyone to say the words at the same time?
- Write a story about everyone in your country saying something together at the same time.
- Write a list of things that you do by choice and a list of things that you do because you have to.
- How is it different to do something because you feel that you have to and doing the same thing out of free choice?
- Write a journal entry for God explaining how He felt when everyone responded together that everyone would follow His words by choice?