The children of Israel are afraid to listen to God. They did not want God to speak to them directly. They asked Moses to tell them whatever God wanted them to hear. Moses tells them not to be afraid, God wants the children of Israel to be in awe of Him so that they will not sin.
- What does it mean to be in awe of someone?
- What does it mean to be in awe of God?
- What kinds of people are other people in awe of?
- Why do you think that this happens?
- What does it mean to be elevated?
- What does it mean to sin?
- Make a list of reasons that causes people to sin.
- Make a list of reasons that stops people from sinning.
- Make a list of things which elevate you as a person.
- Is sinning related to religion? Explain your point of view.
- God was trying to help the children of Israel from sinning. Create a media campaign to help people not sin. Use at least three of the following media:
- face-to-face talk
- TV commercial
- radio commercial
- Is it a sin to be in awe of another person? Defend your point of view.
- Is it the same thing to be in awe of another person and to be in awe of God? Explain.
- Do you ever want to do something that is considered a sin? Write about what would stop you from sinning.
- The children of Israel were afraid to hear God directly. They wanted Moses to tell them whatever God wanted to convey. Can you get the same message through a mediator? Explain your position.
- If God wanted to talk to the children of Israel did they have any right to tell Moses that they didn’t want to hear God directly?