The children of Israel only moved when God “told” them to and they did not move when God did not “tell” them to.
- What do you think it was like for the children of Israel to know that they would have to move location, but not know when?
- What is it like to only be able to go places that your parents approve of and not be able to go without their permission?
- How is this the same and how is it different than only moving when God “told” the children of Israel to?
- Most people live in a spot for a long time. What are the benefits of staying somewhere a long time?
- What are the benefits of moving where you live?
Homeschooling Activities (also appropriate for Family discussions, youth groups, and language arts programs):
- The children of Israel lived in the desert. Are all deserts the same? If they are different how are they different one from another?
- What do you think it would be like not knowing from one day to the next if you had to pack up and leave?
- Make a sign to tell the children of Israel what they are to do when the command comes from God to move location.
- Write in your journal an entry when you are told to move location.
- Write in your journal about how you feel not knowing when you are to move again, after you have been in a location for a long time.
- Write a conversation between two children of Israel about what they worry about when they are told that they are going to move on.
- What kinds of things do you think God took into account in deciding if the children of Israel were to move on or stay where they were?