Moses told the children of Israel not to leave any of the manna over until morning. Not everyone obeyed. Those who left the manna until morning found that the manna had worms and smelled.
Discuss Leaving the Manna Over Until Morning:
- Why would some of the children of Israel leave over food for the next day?
- The manna that was left over got worms and smelled. Was that a just punishment?
Creative Thinking About Obeying Instructions:
- List as many reasons as you can for not obeying Moses’ warning to not leave over any food until the morning.
- Do you think that it is easier to obey instructions or to go against them? Explain.
Homeschool Activities for Homeschooling Bible, Homeschooling without Bible, and Non- Homeschoolers – In Other Words For Everyone:
- Moses got angry at the people who left food until the next day. What is anger?
- What types of things get you angry?
- Why do these things get you angry?
- Why does food that goes bad smell?
- The manna that was left over until the next day got worms. Research worms.
- The manna that was left over smelled bad. Research how we smell.
- Some things smell good and others smell bad. Describe a good smell and a bad one.
- What would you say to someone who left some of their manna over until the next morning after Moses had told all of the children of Israel not to leave any manna overnight.