Discussion Questions About Darkness:
- What do you think a thick darkness would feel like?
- How is a thick darkness different from regular darkness?
Creative Thinking Questions About the Plague of Darkness:
- If the thick darkness came from God why would Moses have to stretch out his hand?
- For what reasons would God pick three days for the thick darkness?
- There is only one letter difference in think and thick. What could be a connection between these words?
Homeschool Activities for Everyone – Homeschooling or Traditional Schooling:
- What would be the difference between a sighted person in a thick darkness and a blind person in regular light?
- Research blindness
- Write a poem about living in darkness.
- Write about your feelings living in darkness.
- See if there is a blind institute near where you live. If there is check if you can go for a visit to find out more about how blind people live. If there is not one near you try to visit a blind institute online.
- Write a letter to someone explaining something that you learned through your visit (whether live or on the web).
- Write a thank you note to a doctor or to God from someone who was blind but had an operation and can now see.
- Write a thank you note to God from someone who is blind for what they do have.
- Describe what the plague of thick darkness looked like from someone looking at it from the side where the children of Israel lived.