Check out this YouTube video about my latest book Enjoying Genesis: The Bible in Rhyme Workbook. This book consists of 120 exercise pages containing verses from Genesis, discussion questions, creative thinking questions and at least seven activities per page. There is also an extensive introduction to help you use this book. Check it out for homeschooling, informal education, English Language Arts programs, and for family fun!
God tells Moses to tell Aaron to throw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and have it become a snake.
Discussion Questions About Magic and Miracles:
- What is magic?
- What is a miracle?
- Do you think that it is possible that people could do magic, such as turning a staff into a snake, many years ago and that we have lost the ability to do it today?
Creative Thinking About Magic and Miracles:
- What are the differences and similarities between magic and miracles?
- Can you think of any similarities between magic and miracles and M&M candies?
- Why do you think that God chose Aaron’s staff to become a snake?
Homeschool Activities relating Aaron’s staff becoming a snake:
- There was no talking involved in throwing down the staff and having it become a snake so why do you think that God had Aaron do this and not Moses?
- Research snakes.
- Research magic.
- Learn a magic trick and present it to someone.
- Was it hard to learn? Did it take you a long time to get it right? Could the person figure out how you did the magic trick or did you keep it a secret?
- Write a journal entry for the snake that came from Aaron’s staff.
- Write a journal entry for the staff describing how it felt being thrown down and tuned into a snake.
- Write a poem from the point of view of the snake.
- Why do you think that God would tell Moses to tell Aaron to throw his staff down in front of Pharaoh to have it become a snake. Why wouldn’t God just tell Aaron?