In order to create His signs and wonders, God harden Pharaoh’s heart.
Discussion Questions About Hardening Pharaoh’s Heart:
- What does it mean to harden someone’s heart?
- Why would God feel that He would have to harden Pharaoh’s heart in order to show His miracles?
- What does it mean to manipulate someone? Was God manipulating Pharaoh? What do you think about his?
Creative Thinking About Signs and Wonders:
- List as many reasons as you can why God would harden Pharaoh’s heart.
- Give examples of how you could harden someone’s heart.
- God gave signs and wonders. He created the plagues. What signs and wonders could a leader of a country do today to harden another leader’s heart?
- How do you feel when someone does not listen to what you ask them to do?
- Have you ever not done something you were asked to do just to be stubborn? Why were you stubborn?
- What do you think it would feel like to have your heart hardened? Explain.
- Write an entry in Pharaoh’s journal how he felt when he refused to do what Moses asked him to.
- If your task was to harden someone’s heart what would you whisper in his/her ear? Explain the circumstances of your task, what you would say, and why.
- If you were Moses how would you feel knowing that you were going to ask Pharaoh to do something that he could not agree to? Would it affect your performance?
- Have you ever felt God’s hand on something that you did? Tell about it.
- Have you ever felt that something had taken over your plans? Tell about it.
- Create a dialogue between God, Pharaoh, and Moses discussing God manipulating Pharaoh.