Moses claims that he is not a good speaker and that the children of Israel did not listen to him. Are these excuses? Should he still try to talk to Pharaoh?
- What is an excuse?
- Do you think that Moses is giving an excuse?
- Make a list of excuses for not doing something that you are asked to do.
- Make a list of reasons why the children of Israel would not listen to Moses.
- Make a list of reasons why Pharaoh would not listen to Moses.
- Make a list of reasons why the children of Israel should listen to Moses.
- Do you think that Moses feels inept? Explain why or why not.
- Does it stand to reason that because the children of Israel didn’t listen to Moses that Pharaoh wouldn’t? Explain.
- Before we were told that the children of Israel didn’t listen to Moses because their spirit was broken. Now Moses is saying that they didn’t listen because he is a poor speaker. Do you think that Moses is making excuses or that there is more than one reason that they don’t listen to him?
- Moses says that Pharaoh will not listen to his plea. How do you know something will not work if you don’t try?
- Write a speech to convince Moses to go and speak to Pharaoh.
- Write a letter to Moses telling him to try and speak to the children of Israel again.
- Write a letter from Moses to Pharaoh asking for a meeting.
- Write a flyer that Moses could give to the children of Israel explaining why they should listen to him.