- What do you think it is like to be a slave?
- What does it mean to have a broken spirit?
- What does it mean to be free?
Creative Thinking Questions:
- Are there different kinds of slavery? Explain.
- Is anyone really free? Explain.
- Why is it harder to listen to someone when you feel down?
- Give a presentation on slavery.
- What characteristics make you listen to someone and want to follow him/her?
- Had the slavery been easier on the children of Israel do you think that they would have been more likely to listen to Moses? Why?
- Explain how you think the spirit of the children of Israel got broken.
- Do you think having a broken spirit is the same as being depressed? What are the similarities and differences.
- If the children of Israel did not like being slaves and Moses said that God would take them out of slavery why would they not listen to him?