Bible Study Tools
Discuss with your children what it would mean that the Children of Israel listen by choice?:
- What does it mean to do something by choice?
- Have you ever done something not by choice?
- What does it mean to listen to someone?
Creative Thinking about listening:
- How do we know if we should listen to someone or not?
- When is listening not enough?
Homeschool Activities about the Children of Israel following Moses by choice:
- Write a story about someone doing something because they wanted to.
- Now write the story but about someone who didn’t want to do the same thing.
- Write about the difference between hearing and listening.
- Do we always have a choice in what we do? Explain.
- Did you ever make a bad choice in your life? Why was it bad?
- Did you ever make a good choice in your life? Why was it good?
- If you made a good choice in your life, would it necessarily be a good choice for someone else? Explain.
- Write about another leader that people have followed by choice.
- Make a list of other leaders that people have followed by choice.
- Moses was told that the children of Israel would follow him. Do you think that it would have made a difference to Moses if the children of Israel followed him but not by their choice? Explain.