Discuss Moses’ name:
- Pharaoh’s daughter gave the baby boy the name Moses because for her he came from the water. Do you think that people are influenced from where they came from?
Creative Thinking about Moses:
- Moses was basically adopted by Pharaoh’s daughter. Write a list of advantages and disadvantages of being adopted.
Homeschooling Activities about Moses:
- Find out if your name has a meaning.
- Express the meaning of your name in some art form.
- Do you think that the meaning of a name affects a person? Explain why or why not.
- Shakespeare wrote, “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”
- What does this mean?
- Do you agree?
- If you could name yourself now with a meaningful name that tells something about yourself what would it be and why?
- Find out the meaning of your last name.
- Where does your family originate from? Write about the country that your family came from.
- From his name Moses would know that Pharaoh’s daughter was not his mother. How do you think this would affect him?
- Moses was basically adopted by Pharaoh’s daughter. Write about the adoption process today.