Discuss with your children:
- How do you feel when you open a new book?
- Are you excited?
- Are you worried if you will understand it?
- If the book is a part of a series do you worry if you will be able to connect it to the last book that you read in the series?
- Do you prefer opening a crisp new book or a well worn book? Why?
- How does each make you feel?
- Pretend you are a book. Write how you feel when someone opens you up to begin to read your story.
- We often judge if we will like a book by its first paragraph. Make a list of things that you are judging?
- Make a campaign for getting people to read one of the following:
- different kinds of books than they usually read
- really old books
- new books
- fiction books
- non-fiction books
- We are often told not to judge a book by its cover. What does this expression mean?
- Do you judge a book by its cover? Why or why not?
- Create a cover for a book about your life.
- In future blogs we will discuss the book of Exodus. From the title what do you think the book is about? If you already know the basic story of the book of Exodus explain why you think this is an appropriate title or not.