The book of Genesis takes us from the creation of the world through the stories of Adam & Eve, Cain & Abel, the garden of Eden, Noah, Abraham & Sarah, Isaac & Rebecca, Jacob & Rachel & Leah and their families.
The book of Genesis is basically the story of one family.
Discuss with your children:
- What is family?
- Is a family only biological?
- What makes a family cohesive?
- What makes family special?
- What makes your family unique?
- The book of Genesis is mainly the story of one family. Write the story of your family. See how far back you can go.
- Make a family tree. See how far back you can go.
- Draw a biblical family tree. Can you start with Adam & Eve? If not, start with Abraham and Sarah.
- Adam & Eve were the first people created. Do you feel related to them? Why or why not?
- Write a summary of the book of Genesis in one or more of the following:
- a blog
- a tweet
- a paragraph
- a cartoon
- a poem
- a song
- Create a campaign to encourage people to read the book of Genesis. Use at least two of the following:
- The book of Genesis is made up of many short stories. Which is your favorite? Why?
- Check out Enjoying Genesis: The Bible in Rhyme on Marcia Goldlist’s author page.