Just before Jacob died, he gave each of his sons an appropriate blessing.
Discuss with your children:
- Why is it important to treat everyone as an individual?
- How do people differ?
- How are people the same?
- The blessings that Jacob gave were partly predictions for the future. Predict the future for your family members.
- Write a blessing for everyone in your family.
- If someone were to bless you, what would you like the blessing to be?
- Make a list of things that make people different from each other.
- Would you like everyone to be the same? Why or why not?
- Pick someone that you would like to be like. Would you like to be the exact same as them? If not, what would you pick to be the same and what would you want to be different?
- Pick a famous personality, dead or alive, and write what you would change about him/her if you could.
- Do you think that the change that you made would affect history? If so, how?
- Write about your good traits and write a blessing for yourself about these traits.
- Write about your bad traits and make a plan to change them for the better.
- Pick someone that you do not particularly like, or get along with. (You do not need to tell anyone who this person is.) Make a list of their good qualities.