Pharaoh told Joseph that he could give to Jacob and his brothers the best of the land of Egypt.
Discuss with your children:
- Has anyone ever offered something that you thought was the best?
- How did it make you feel?
- How do you think Joseph’s family felt?
- Do you think that his family took it for granted that they would get good land?
- List all the reasons it was right and all the reasons it was wrong of Pharaoh to give the best of the land to Joseph’s family.
- Do you think that the Egyptians would be upset that Pharaoh allowed Joseph’s family to receive the best of the land? Why or why not?
- Write a protest letter from a group of Egyptians to Pharaoh explaining why you are upset that Joseph’s family received the best of the land.
- Create a billboard welcoming Joseph’s family.
- Create a billboard protesting Joseph’s family receiving the best of the land.
- Write a thank you letter to Pharaoh from Jacob or one of Joseph’s brothers.
- Describe what would make the land good for Joseph’s family.
- Some people take good things for granted. Why should we not take things for granted?
- Write a poem, rap, or song from Joseph, Jacob or one of the brothers exclaiming how happy they are to be offered the best of the land by Pharaoh.