Joseph did not take all of his brothers to see Pharaoh, nor did he take his strongest brothers, nor a random sample of his brothers. Joseph specifically chose five of his weakest brothers.
Discuss with your children:
- What does it mean “from the least” of his brothers?
- How do you think Joseph decided on these five brothers?
- If you had to pick “the least” of your siblings what criteria would you use?
- Which brothers do you think Joseph picked? Why?
- When is it good to show your strength?
- When is it better not to show your full strength?
- Write, or prepare a speech for Joseph explaining to his brothers why he is only taking five of them to see Pharaoh.
- Write a diary entry from one of the five brothers explaining how he felt being picked by Joseph.
- Make a list of your strengths and weaknesses.
- Write a diary entry from one of the brothers which were not picked by Joseph and explain how he felt.
- Write a tweet to a news agency telling them what Joseph was doing.
- If you were on the news how would you explain that Joseph was going to see Pharaoh with five of his brothers.