When it is time for Joseph’s brothers to leave he gives them food and gifts and tells them not to argue on the way.
Discuss with your children:
- Why do people argue?
- What is the difference between an argument and a discussion?
- Can an argument be civil?
- Why do some people take disagreements personally?
- List all the reasons that the brothers would have to fight on the way home.
- List the reasons why the brothers would listen to Joseph and not fight on the way home.
- Write the dialogue of Joseph’s brothers’ conversation on the way home.
- Write a diary entry for Joseph after his brothers left.
- Argue and angry share three letters out of five. Do you think that this is a coincidence? Write what you think the relationship is between these two words.
- Create a flyer encouraging people not to argue.
- Write a tweet encouraging people not to argue.
- Can you follow Joseph’s advice? Come up with a plan to lessen the number of arguments in your house.
- Write a poem or a song encouraging people not to argue.
- Has anyone every told you not to argue? Did it help? Do you think that Joseph‘s brothers listened to him and did not argue? Why or why not?