Joseph could no longer hold back telling his brothers that he was their brother Joseph. He had realized that they were his brothers for a long time, but they had no idea that the man in charge of the food was their long lost brother Joseph.
Discuss with your children:
- What is knowledge?
- What is emotion?
- What is the same and what is different between them?
- Which is more important in their life?
- Which is more important in religion?
- Which is more important in business?
- Usually we want to share our knowledge. Joseph wanted to keep his knowledge that he was actually their brother a secret. What kind of knowledge would you sometimes like to hide from others? Make a list of various kinds of knowledge that people hide from others.
- We saw before (see Joseph Shows His Emotions) that Joseph could not hold back his emotions. Now Joseph cannot hold back information.
- What is the difference between emotions and intellect?
- Which do you think would be harder to hold back and why?
- Do you think that Joseph should have told his brothers who he was as soon as he saw them the first time? Why or why not?
- Many people keep secrets. Joseph could no longer conceal his truth. What kinds of things make you say things that you really wanted to conceal?
- Do you know someone who is very good at keeping secrets? Do you know someone who is not good at keeping secrets? Why do you think some people can keep secrets and others cannot?
- Do you think that you are good at keeping secrets? Why?
- A big part of keeping a secret is thinking before you talk. Create a campaign trying to get people to think before they talk.
- Joseph waited to tell his brothers who he was. How do you think Joseph would have felt if during the time that he did not tell his brothers who he was his father died and he did not see him again?