Judah told his father that if they had not waited and deliberated and just gone to Egypt to get food from Joseph they would have been back already. Jacob had not wanted to let Benjamin go with his brothers to get food and the brothers would not go without Benjamin as that was Joseph’s requirement to see them again and give them food.
Discuss with your children:
- Do they ever put things off that have to get done?
- Does it help putting things off?
- How many reasons can you think of that people procrastinate?
- How many reasons can you think of that it is best not to procrastinate?
- Are there ever any times that it is good to procrastinate?
- Research why people procrastinate. Give a talk or write a paper about what you discovered.
- Design a billboard to help people stop procrastinating.
- Design a flyer to help people stop procrastinating.
- Create a commercial for radio or TV to help people stop procrastinating.
- Make a graph with reasons for procrastination.
- Write a poem or song about procrastination.
- Write a poem or song from Benjamin’s point of view.
- Jacob didn’t want his sons to take Benjamin to Egypt where Joseph was giving out food. Write an entry in Jacob’s diary explaining his reasoning for waiting and not sending his sons to Egypt to get food.