Three days after Joseph interpreted the dreams for the cupbearer and the baker Pharaoh celebrated his birthday. This could well be the first mention of a birthday party in history!
Discuss with your children:
- What significance is there in celebrating a birthday.
- Why do they think that they get gifts on their birthday.
- For Pharaoh’s birthday we read how he had a feast for his servants. These were his workers. Come up with at least 5 reasons that he made the feast for his workers and not for his family and friends.
- Does it make more sense to give gifts or receive them on your birthday? Defend your position.
- Research why we celebrate birthdays.
- Research why we celebrate birthdays with cake and candles.
- Make a birthday card for Pharaoh.
- Make a list of 5 presents for Pharaoh and tell why they would be appropriate.
- Write a birthday poem for Pharaoh.
- Write a birthday song for Pharaoh or a friend.
- Describe the feast that Pharaoh made for his servants.
- Design a billboard wishing happy birthday to Pharaoh.