Rachel was upset that she did not have any children. She told Jacob that he must give her children. This made Jacob angry as he believed that having children was not up to him, or to chance, but rather it was up to God.
Discuss with your children:
- Does God play a role in your lives?
- Is it easy to see God’s hand in your life?
- If you or your children do not believe in God discuss why things happen the way that they do.
- Make a list of the many reasons that people want children.
- Which comment would you say is more correct and why? Pick the statement that most closely sums up your point of view.
- Science works through God.
- God works through science.
- God and science have nothing to do with each other.
- God set up the scientific running of the universe and then stopped interfering.
- God can interfere with science if He wants.
- God only interferes with science when He feels that it is necessary.
- Write an article to convince others of your point of view.
- Create a name for an organization which would agree with your point of view.
- Write a letter to Rachel explaining what you think about what she said.
- Write a letter to Jacob explaining what you think about what he said.
- Make a comic strip with a related conversation between Rachel and Jacob.
- Write an entry in Leah‘s diary about what she would think if she overheard the conversation between Rachel and Jacob.
- If God decided to come down and explain his role to Rachel and Jacob what would He say?
- Write a play with Rachel and Jacob discussing why they have not had a baby yet.