Jacob woke up and realized that he was in a special place. Should we not all wake up and realize that our lives do not need to be ordinary. We can make our lives special! Is God not with us all?
Discuss With Your Children:
- What does ordinary mean?
- Is it okay if
- our lives are ordinary?
- where we live is ordinary?
- What can we do to make sure that our lives are special?
- What can we do to make where we live special?
- Write an advice column in a newspaper to help someone to make their life more special?
- Jacob woke up and realized that he was not in an ordinary place. What is the difference between an ordinary spot and a special spot?
- If you went to an ordinary house in a place far away such as China why would it be special?
- Write a journal entry for a day which you had which you would describe as ordinary and write a journal entry for a day which you had which you would describe as special.
- Explain in a few sentences the main difference between the two days.
- Write about two people – one who you think lived a special life and one who you think lived an ordinary life.
- Explain in a few sentences the main difference between these two people.
- Create a flyer explaining how people could make their lives more special.
- Create a name for a company which helps people make their lives special.
- Jacob woke up and realized that God was right there in that spot. How do we know if God is with us? Write a summary of what you would present to a judge convincing him/her that God is with you.