What an awesome responsibility to guard someone and what an awesome responsibility to be guarded!!
Discuss with your children:
- Do they think that they would make better or not as good choices if they knew that God would guard them?
- Have your child make a list of choices which they have made which God would approve of.
- Think of 5 people, living or dead, who you believe are worth for God to guard.
- Which do you think is a bigger responsibility to guard someone or to be guarded? Why?
- Describe the following positions and how each is similar and how each is different from God guarding Jacob.
- a parent
- a guard in basketball
- a security guard
- Research how we make choices in life.
- Think of things in your life that have happened that perhaps God had a hand in helping you.
- Describe how you would go about guarding someone.
- Make an entry in Jacob’s diary of how he felt when God revealed to him that He would be with Jacob and guard him.
- If you had to guard someone who would it be?
- Write a job description of what is involved to guard someone.
- Explain why you think that God choose Jacob to guard?