This is a continuation from the last post in Chapter 28 of the Book of Genesis where God foretells that Jacob and his children will receive the land (today known as Israel). God goes on to say that Jacob’s descendants would grow in number and spread out. God then tells Jacob that it is his descendants that will bless people.
Discuss with your children:
- What is a blessing?
- What is something that your children would like to be blessed with?
- What would your family as a unit like to be blessed with?
- Pick ten people (you don’t need to know them personally) and write a blessing for each of them.
- Find five blessings given in the Bible. Do they have any similarities?
- If you were able to bless people how would you use this power?
- Pretend that you have a business of selling blessings.
- Create a business card.
- Write a flyer for your business.
- Create a web site page.
- Create a radio or TV advertisement.
- Jacob was told that his descendants were going to spread to the north, south, east and west.
- Draw a compass.
- Make a compass. (You can find instructions on the Internet.)
- Jacob was told that his descendants would expand. What does that mean? Describe how your family has expanded from the time of one of your great-grandparents.
- Jacob was told that his descendants would spread out. Take a map and figure out where your family would end up if they spread out 200 miles in all directions.