God speaks to Jacob and tells him that He is the same God that Jacob’s father, Isaac, and grandfather, Abraham, cared about.
Discuss with your children:
- Was God more powerful in Jacob’s generation because he had a bond with Abraham and Isaac?
- Jacob was Isaac’s son and Abraham’s grandson. If God’s history is with your family does that bond become stronger?
- Make a list with your children of things that your family does that show that you care about God.
- Compare a link chain to the verses “God was there, And He said that He was the same God about which Abraham and Isaac did care.”
- Do you think that it is more important for God to care about man, or for man to care about God?
Home School Activities
- How far back do your family traditions go? Pick one or two traditions that your family keeps and draw a representation of its history.
- Write an explanation about one of your family traditions.
- What do you think makes God strong?
- Would God be strong if no one believed in Him? Defend your answer.
- Find examples in the Book of Genesis illustrating how Abraham, Isaac and Jacob cared about God.
- Find examples in the Book of Genesis illustrating how God cared for Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.