In the Book of Genesis, chapter 28, Jacob dreamed about a ladder and angels. Should the angels be going from the earth to heaven or from heaven to earth? Should we be expecting help from up above, or should we first offer to help ourselves from down on earth? Should we be pulling, pushing or just waiting for those angels to help us?
Discuss with your children:
- Who is responsible for our lives?
- How much of our lives are we responsible for?
- Should we count on help from others (family, friends, angels, God)?
- We often say someone is an angel. Make a list of different ways that you can be like an angel to other people.
Homeschooling Bible Projects
- Sometimes we say that we are lucky that something happened. What is luck?
- Write a paper about how you think luck has affected your life.
- What are angels?
- Write a paper about angels.
- Create a flyer explaining why people should believe in angels.
- Create a flyer explaining why people should not believe in angels.
- Have a debate with someone about the existence of angels.
- Write a paper about the purpose of angels in the Bible.
- Think of something that you are having difficulty with. Make a plan how you can help yourself solve the problem.
- Draw a picture of how you envision the ladder with the angels that Jacob saw.