Isaac was blind at this time in his life and he wanted to feel Jacob to make sure that he was blessing the right son. He heard Jacob’s voice but felt Esau. Which is more reliable? Should we be judging people by their voice and what they say or by their appearances?
Discuss with your children:
The importance of:
- how we dress
- our appearance
- our natural looks
- how we speak
- our natural voice
- the tone of our voice
How do the above define us as a person?
- At what times is someone’s appearance important?
- In what circumstances is someone’s appearance not important?
- In what circumstances is appearance more important than what is said?
- Explain how appearance does tell something about a person.
- Create a TV commercial to persuade people to judge others by what they say and not by how they look.
- Create a radio commercial to persuade people to judge others by what they say and not by how they look.
- Write a paper entitled, “What Makes Us Who We Are”.
- Was Isaac right to want to feel Jacob? Defend his actions.
- Write a diary entry for Jacob telling his thoughts and feelings when Isaac said that he wanted to feel his hands.
- Write what went through Jacob’s mind when Isaac said, “It is Jacob’s voice that I hear.”