Bible Study Tools
Discuss with your children:
- What kinds of things do people think of when they decide on the type of person that they would like to marry?
- What is prejudice?
- Is it prejudice to feel that you should marry someone of the same religion?
- Why do some people think that it is important to marry someone of the same religion?
- Is this prejudice?
- Why do most people marry someone who is about the same height as they are?
- Why do most people marry someone who has about the same academic level as they do?
- Why do most people marry someone who is about the same age as they are?
- Write about your ideal wife or husband.
- Write a newspaper advertisement describing what you are looking for in an ideal spouse.
- Describe yourself in a newspaper advertisement to attract a spouse.
- Do you think that it is okay to state that you will only marry someone of the same religion? Why or why not? Write your case to present in front of a judge.
- Pretend that you are a parent and write a note to your child explaining why you care or do not care that your child marry someone
- From the same country
- From the same religion
- From the same race
- Pretend that you are Rebecca and write a letter to Esau explaining why you care who he took as a wife. (Remember that you are Rebecca and you do not have to agree with her thinking.)
- Write a conversation between Rebecca and Isaac discussing Jacob taking a wife from where they were living and how they both feel about it.