We don’t always think of what we need in the long term – we are often too concerned with the short term.
Discuss with your children:
- What is real hunger?
- What is a birthright.
- What are short term goals?
- What are long term goals?
- What are short term consequences?
- What are long term consequences?
- Come up with things that you can do for people who do not have enough food in your neighborhood or city.
- Make a list of 10 long term goals and 10 short term goals that you have for yourself.
- Explain in a newspaper article the long term consequences of Esau selling his birthright.
- Research hunger in your city or state. Find out how many people are really hungry and what is being done about it.
- Interview someone who works or volunteers for an organization that helps the hungry.
- Research stew recipes. Make a list of items you need from the store and make a stew for your family dinner.
- Interview Esau after he ate the stew and ask him if he regretted his decision.
- Interview Jacob and ask him if he feels that he took advantage of Esau.