We may or may not pray for ourselves – but we all want things and ask for them. How often do we note what others want and pray, or ask for things, for them?
Discuss with your children:
- How often they ask for things for themselves.
- How often they ask for things for someone else.
- What is prayer?
- Are all prayers meant for God?
- What kinds of prayers are not meant for God?
- Can people who do not believe in God pray? How?
- Research what prayer is.
- Research different ways that people pray.
- Write your reasoning for which would be a more powerful prayer; one for yourself, or one for someone else.
- Write a paper on why praying for someone else to have a child is the perfect prayer.
- Write an original prayer.
- Research what the Bible says about prayer.
- Create a billboard encouraging people to pray.
- Interview your religious leader (Priest, Rabbi, etc.) about prayer.
- Write a prayer for Isaac asking that Rebecca should be able to have a child.