The Bible does not usually talk about love. Many of us often don’t talk about love either. Perhaps we should spend more time telling those we love that we love them than telling them what they are doing wrong.
Discuss with your children:
- How they feel when they are told that they are loved.
- How people show love.
- Which feels better to them; an act of love or someone saying that they love them?
- Make a list of ways to say that you love someone.
- Make a list of things that people do for someone that they love.
- Make a list of different kinds of love (e.g. parent-child; spouse).
- Research what love is.
- Write someone a letter telling them that you love them.
- Write a love poem.
- Do a radio interview with Isaac asking him what he thinks true love is.
- Find ten love quotes that you like. What do you like about them?
- Find five love quotes that you disagree with. Why do you disagree with them?
- Pick two love songs and write if you agree or disagree with their message.
- Write a conversation between Isaac and Rebecca discussing their feelings for each other.