Rebecca was asked if she would go with Abraham’s servant and she agreed right away. Sometimes we just need to say “yes” and go full force ahead into the unknown (with a positive attitude).
Discuss with your children:
- Have they ever said yes to something without thinking it over?
- Was this a good decision?
- What are the good things about saying yes right away and what are the bad things?
- How do we know if we should take the time to think things out or if we should just agree to something?
- Make a list of things that you should ask before agreeing to do something if you are very busy. (e.g. how long it will take, how often you are obligated)
- Make a list of reasons to help a friend or family member to do something that you don’t want to do.
- Make a list of reasons to say no for helping a friend or family member do something that you do want to do.
- Write a letter from Rebecca to her family after she left explaining why she said yes right away to leaving.
- Write a going away letter from someone in Rebecca’s family to give to Rebecca as she leaves home.
- Write a phone conversation between Rebecca and her family that you think could have taken place the day after she left, while she was still on her journey.
- What do you think Eliezer would say to Rebecca’s family as they left?
- Write a journal entry for Rebecca the night that she left her family.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles/FreeDigitalPhotos.net