Abraham eulogizes Sarah: A custom from the times of the Bible
Discuss with your children why people eulogize the dead.
- Do they think that this helps the dead person or those left behind?
- Is it more important to tell good things about people when they are alive or after they have died?
- What types of things do you think that Abraham said about Sarah?
- Why do you think that people usually only say good things about someone when they eulogize them?
- Write a eulogy for Sarah.
- Write a eulogy for someone that you know that died.
- Write a eulogy for a pet that died.
- What would you want people to say at your eulogy?
- We often forget that it is important to tell people their good points while they are alive. Tell someone their good points.
- Sometimes after someone dies the family asks people to give charity to a specific cause. What cause do you think that Abraham would choose to honor Sarah.
- Giving Sarah’s eulogy must have been very hard for Abraham. Write a journal entry for Abraham about how he felt giving Sarah’s eulogy.