In the Book of Genesis God tests Abraham. Are you being tested by God?
What does it mean for us to be tested by God? None of my friends have been asked to murder their children. But, I do know people who have gone through very difficult times! Whether God is testing them or not, they still have to learn to cope.
Discuss with your children
- Reasons that life is very difficult at times
- How hard times can make you stronger
- Good things can also be a test. Discuss with your children how people who become stars often change.
- How would becoming really rich be a test?
- How would becoming really poor be a test?
- What is a test of friendship?
- If God were going to test someone today, as He did Abraham, would the test need to be different? Describe why or why not?
- Describe how you would test God?
- Create a campaign for either having, or not having tests for your schoolwork.
- What situation do you think would test your loyalty to God or a friend?
- Research coping techniques for stress and find five that you think would work for you.
- Create a poster with these five techniques to remind yourself to use them.
- Write a story about a difficult situation that you were in that you coped well with. This can be true, but it doesn’t have to be.
- Write a journal entry for God the day that he decided to test Abraham.
- Look up other creative homeschool projects that you can do relating to the testing of Abraham by God.